May 1, 2013

NYR 2013 - April results

OK, here we go:
  • NYR # 1 - Run
In preparation for this coming Saturday's race, I have been training a bit more regularly and a bit longer. I even went for a run when I was on a mini-break to attend my god-daughter's 1st Communion over in Germany! Still, haven't managed to follow the full training program provided by the organisers, nor I have been able to attend all the weekly training sessions: once due to work, the other time because of travelling, the other time for health reasons (I had a really bad headache) and last but not least, due to extreme heat the training sessions was officially cancelled. So I ended up only attending half of them. 

Also, on the last session, they combined the usual training with some paleotraining, a circuit-based training that despite of taking it easy & doing only 1 round instead of 2, left me sore for 3 days in a row. 

On the positive side I manage to run 9k in just 1 hour, which makes me pretty confident that I can do all 10k within the time limit of 1  hour and 15 minutes on Saturday. I would be mortified if I don't do it, after all this effort. I know it's not an impressive mark by any means, but it is for my standards.

Result: passed. 


  • NYR # 2 - Read
Yeah! I managed to finish last month's book: "Seven sisters down under" by Margaret Sherlock.

Result: passed. 


  • NYR # 3 - Eat
Again, nothing really springs to mind, other than having start using the parsley and baby carrots I've been growing in my balcony.

Result: passed. 

  • NYR # 4 - Walk 
Haven't done an official or organised training but I kept my Saturday morning walkies. Better than nothing, I suppose. 

Result: passed. 

Until next month, by for now. 


      


**************************************************************
Here is the post that started it all: New Year Resolutions for 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn´t know you had baby carrots! Well done on growing them.

    As for getting only half done of what you wanted, that´s better than nothing. Go you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete