Oct 27, 2013

NYR - September results

After a full moth of visitors in my house I haven't got the time or energy to sit down and write about September. Only now I got around to it. October ones to follow showly. Hopefully. 

  • NYR # 1 - Run
Not having trained very much and the difficulties registering for the "Juntos por la vida" (together through life) charity race in Puerto del Carmen (Lanzarote) I seriously considered giving up and skipping this one. Specially finding out that I had been invited to attend a christening later on that day. Then somehow things fell into place and not only I manage to register and do the 5k race half decently but I made it on time for the church ceremony, even if I had to walk back the 5k!!!! (Don't ask me why but the route was linear, not circular!). It was a very hot day and the steep hill at the start of the race didn't help. But as usual in these events there was a great atmosphere and I even manage to greet some people I know.

Result: passed. 


photo compliments of Lancelot Digital

photo compliments of Lancelot Digital

photo compliments of Peregrinos Runners

  • NYR # 2 - Read
I haven't read any books.  I read for a while Mar Arias' blog  called "Retazos" while my RSS reader worked. It's small little stories by Mar Arias who I meat at the 1st bloggers meeting in Arrecife back in August. It's all I could manage during that month: short stories. And then I had trouble with my computer and the RSS reader disappeared. I haven't got around to resetting it again. So I stopped even reading these interesting short stories. Shame on me. Really.

Result: Fail with a capital f. 

  • NYR # 3 - Eat
Nothing particularly springs to mind.

Result: failed. 

  • NYR # 4 - Walk 
Kept walking the muts as usual. 

Result: passed.


Sumarising: 2 out of 2, mmmmm. Not a happy bunny. Let's hope October is better. The good news, it that you won't have to wait to long to find out! ;-)

**************************************************************
Here is the post that started it all: New Year Resolutions for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment