Jul 19, 2014

May 2014 joy jar

May 2014's achievements:

On the 7th I attended Margaret's book signing of her latest thriller, Houded. Then we went for a bite to eat with her husband and they introduced me to yet another faboulous restaurant: Asian Varadero in the Harbour in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. 

On the 10th I attended the 2nd marathon of free workshops organised by Esacan. This time I chose an introduction to dog traning, which later in the year will feature as a full course  & artistic reclycling, for the sake of it (as in, no course programmed yet). I met some lovely people and look forward to whatever initiatives come out of it. 

From the 26th to the 28th I attended a free workshop on how to make preserves at the Albergue de Tegoyo, organised by ADELRLAN, the local organisation for rural development. A lot of peeling, chopping & boiling involved but we got to take home with us the jars we filled: jams, veggies, sauces & chutneys...I am sorted for the winter (well, sort of!). 

In relation to my collaboration with Lanzarote Information, here are my favourite posts I contributed with this month:


I got almost tricked into writing this one as in: a friend offered me a ticket if I was interested in going, to which I said "yes". Only aafter I accepted I was told "but you need to write something about it". Ahhhhggggrrrr, how I hate that! The pressure! And, of course, I did agonise about it but I'm quite pleased about the result. Even some friends who didn't know I had written it, being big fans of this particular show in our island, told me: "hey, we read a very good review of it on Lanzarote Information". Chuffed. There is no other word for it.




Purely by chance I came across the news of some local artists presenting their works in London. I am very pleased to see that my beloved island was having a chance to show a different side of itself to the world.



***************************************************************************************
This is the post that started my 2014  year's resolutions: Joy Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment