May 31, 2015

Music up above my head

I find it fascinating how you get to discover new music sometimes.

Thanks to Sonidos Líquidos (literally, "Liquid Sounds") the gastronomic and music initiative in my adoptive island of Lanzarote, I just listened to Anaut for the first time ever, a band that will be playing in the this year's final concert. 

Anaut is described as one of Spain´s new "black voices". Here is an example why:



Which led me to listen to them a bit more, so I came across this little jewel: "Up above my head"


which in turn it was originally recorded by Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Marie Knight as a duo in the 1940s. 

Here you can see Sister Roetta Tharpe singing live in France in 1965 where she plays an impressive guitar solo herself! 



I must put aside some time to listen to them both a little bit more, definitely! What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment