Jul 5, 2015

ADOPTED - Ayatima "Timi"

(En castellano aquí).

Since I adopted my little dog last summer I have become more aware of how big the abandonment of animals (mainly dogs and cats) in the island of Lanzarote, where we live.  

I am not in a position to adopt any more four legged ones so a few months ago I decided to start volunteering at SARA, the shelter that introduced me to my fury friend, to see if I could help somehow. 

One of the volunteer projects is to become the "Fairy Godmother" of an animal. You choose your "Cindarella", get to know him/her and share his/her story with views to find him a home where they can be happy. 

My current "cindarello" is Ayatima 3 "Timi"

Ayatima 3 "Timi" getting ready for his first car ride with me

Here we are at the Marina in Arrecife


Aquí con su amigo Tagoror, also up for adoption,
at the Charco de San Ginés *ADOPTED*
"Wow, look at all those boats!"


Ayatima 3 "Timi" when he was a puppy.
I bet you are drooling now!
Why does his name have a number? Well, because they arrived at the shelter as 3 month old puppies himself and his 5 brothers... over 5 years ago!!! 

Luckily 4 of them have already been adopted, but himself and his brother Ayatima 2 "Aya" haven´t been that lucky... yet. It often happens with large litters that some of them get adopted as puppies, it takes a little bit longer for others to be adopted, and still not knowing why, some others seem to take for ever to find their home, like in my "cindarello´s" case.  

His mother is a pure podenco and the father is a cross of husky with possibly German shepherd. That´s why all the Ayatima brothers are so handsome and unique, don´t you think?  

If anybody is interested in meetting him or you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact SARA directly or myself. 

Put a furry one in your life, you won´t regret it! 

****
Update: Both AYA & TIMI have now been adopted. Yippie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment