Jan 25, 2011

Fund-a-mental

Extract from my fundraising note "Fund-a-mental" for the Flora Women’s Mini Marathon in Dublin that took place on the 7th of June, 2010:

"These are some of my favourite things regarding mental health – all of which I need constant reminders myself:
- Be honest with yourself: learn to listen to yourself, if you don’t, nobody else will!
- Don’t be afraid. If fear is the key, the truth will set you free. First is going to p**s you off, but then it will set you free. But yet, everything is going to be alright in the end.
- Share, talk to someone, but not too much: if it’s a friend, it’s for free but if you talk too much, they won’t be your friend, anymore; if it’s a professional and you talk a lot, it will cost you.
- When you are feeling sh*te or down, just smile, reach out & help someone else. I guarantee you, you’ll feel better almost immediately!"

No comments:

Post a Comment