Jul 17, 2013

3 tips to make your promotion stand out

Last Saturday morning I was walking leisurely through the streets of Arrecife, the capital of Lanzarote - the island where I currently live.

So as I was strolling I passed not 1, not 2 but 3 different opticians on the very same street in the space of 5 minutes! Hard to avoid comparing them. I thought, how would you choose one shop over another? Difficult task, you say? Nah! 

How different these 3 establishments were!!!

- One didn´t even have any prices or offers 

- Another had an offer on the window: if you buy a pair of glasses we give you this, this, this & that for free provided it´s not Wednesday afternoon and... blah, blah, blah...more small print & exceptions... blah, blah, blah, some more. I got bored even as I was walking. It didn´t even give a price or value of what the promotion was offering!!!!

- And the last one had 3 offers, on a standalone cardboard cut-outs, clearly visible and legible even from outside the shop:
  • this price for prescription glasses, 
  • this other price for prescription sun glasses 
  • this price for both - slightly cheaper than the sum of the two previous offers, of course!
Now, I´ll let you take a guess which one of them is likely to receive a visit from me once I get my hands on the extra cash at the end of this month. 

It isn´t rocket science. Or is it? 



So here are my (humble & fool-proof) 3 tops suggestions for a good offer, whether it's in-store or online:

  1. have one, for goodness' sake!
  2. be clear, be specific but keep it simple
  3. promote it visibly in your store

Can you think of any other tip to make your offer stand out?
(please, keep it clean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment