Aug 4, 2013

NYR - July results

These are my New Year Resolution results for July: 
  • NYR # 1 - Run
I took part on the 1st Charity Race in Tahiche on the 27th. Mind you, only did the 5km one, I hadn't trained have as much a I should have for the 10km. Plenty of non-perishable food collected for people in need. Big success, for organisers. I'm just happy I finished the race!

I also registered for the  1st Popular Race of Quíquere-La Tiñosa on the 3rd of August & the 2nd Cochinilla Trail on the 19th of October. Two more reasons to keep it up! Also starting to think about taking on another challenge race-wise, but keeping a tight lid on it for the moment... will keep you posted if it materialises!!!

Result: passed. 



  • NYR # 2 - Read
Work in progress... almost finished but not.
Result: technically failed as I haven´t finished the book I´m currently reading. 
  • NYR # 3 - Eat
I had some visitors earlier this month and although we did go out for food, as expected, we did a fair bit of cooking in the house: crepes for breakfast, pimped BLT for the beach, Spanish omelette (probably the best I have ever cooked), rice salad, pasta with clams...

I enjoyed food enormously this month. Why do I find it easier to cook for / with other people than just for myself? Does it happen to you too?

The only dish I blogged about & took a picture this month (sadly, because some of them did look nice!): papaya & melon salad..


Result: passed with flying colours! 
  • NYR # 4 - Walk 
Keep walking the muts daily. Even on race day!
Result: passed. 

Overall, happy, happy, happy. Except for the reading. Will have to find a way...


**************************************************************
Here is the post that started it all: New Year Resolutions for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment