Jan 19, 2014

NYR - December results

  • NYR # 1 - Run
I couldn't have finished the year on a bigger high. On the 8th of December at the Lanzarote International Marathon I beat my own personal best on a 10K race ever AND I did it just below an hour for the first... time... ever! More than pleased, considering the state I was in that day. Do you want to know the secret of my success? If I get enough enquires, I'll write a post about it.

DIY postcard on the runners' bag -
with peel off  black bits
to immortalise your time
Photo compliments of my friend Pam
Result: PASSED WITH THE LARGEST OF SMILES!!! 

  • NYR # 2 - Read
OK, they all can not be successes. I did read during last month, but didn't finish the book.

Result: fail

  • NYR # 3 - Eat
Although borderline with New Year's celebrations, I enjoyed even more preparing a variety of tapas with my mum too:

Photo compliments of Pau
She saw some of these on a supermarket leaflet and suggested to prepare some for New Year's Day. We washed, chopped, mixed, grated and cut as much as we could the day before, still in 2013, and only assembled them the next day. Does that count?

Thesse are the tapas we prepared
Avocado & Crab
Dates & Walnut
Cheese & Quince
Salmon Eggs
Tuna & Red peppers

and you can find the recepies here.

Also I am very proud to say that I baked with my mum the infamous banana muffins:


Don't remember baking at home since we were kids and we tried baking that orange sponge several times with (very) mixed results!

Resultpassed

  • NYR # 4 - Walk 
I do keep walking the must but less often because his owner has more time to walk him. But I do join them for longer walks as often as I can. 

Result: passed 


Sumarising: 3 out of 4,  not bad at all. I have enjoyed doing this New Year's Resolution in 2013, even if often it took me a while to write the post. 

But I think that for 2014 I will do it somehow differently. 

Stayed tuned to see the new 2014 Resolutions!

**************************************************************
Here is the post that started it all: New Year Resolutions for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment