Aug 11, 2013

Blogging - translator

I'm a self-taught blogger and a quite un-dedicated one at that. So despite of how long I have been blogging, I'm quite unexperienced. Shame on me!

But I recently attended the "1st meeting of bloggers of Lanzarote" at the Miramar Hotel in Arrecife and I thought it would be a good idea  to meet other like-minded people and see if I could learn a thing or two from their experience. 

The issue of multi-language blogs came up. They said that Blogger has a built in translator, which I didn't know about, that has increased the range of people who read other blogger's work. 

So this is the first things that I have introduced in my blogs since then: the translator. Basic, really basic, I know. 

So I looked for it, in the gadgets list... et voilà! there it was. I have added it on the right hand column right under the visitor's counter for handiness. 

This is how you do it:
Go to your Design dashboard
Click on Layout
Click on Add Gadget where you want to place your translator
Choose a Title for the gadget.  I left the default one: "Translate"
Select your Style - I chose "Dropdown only" versus "Horizontal" or "Vertical". This is a personal choice in relation to the location and design of your blog. If you are not sure which one to use, select them all, on by one and see how it changes on the Preview to choose the one you like better. 
Click on Save

Easy, peasy!

Will see if I get more readers now and which languages they speak!

Let's do a test: leave a comment with the language you read this post in, if you want. 





No comments:

Post a Comment